As the largest organ in the body, the skin needs all the TLC it can get. Yet when was the last time you had an appointment with the dermatologist? A trip to the dermatologist’s office should be given the same weight or significance as regular appointments with the dentist or optometrist.
Although over-the-counter products may be available to help you deal with common skincare issues, the following signs should prompt you to get in touch with the Matsuda Dermatology team as soon as possible.
- You have areas of your skin that are noticeably darker or lighter than your overall skin tone. Also, you notice moles that have changed color or shape (a sign of possible skin cancer).
- You are suffering from itchiness and/or the appearance of rashes for more than a week now. It could be more than just an allergic reaction.
- You have acne that does not respond to over-the-counter treatments. Prescription treatments may be the solution to your long-term issues with acne.
- You have tried almost everything to lighten scars and eliminate cellulite. Over-the-counter treatments don’t seem to work for these two skin problems. Often, a series of laser treatments is the only way to lighten scars and significantly reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- You have skin care issues that tend to worsen with time such as rosacea and psoriasis.
Do you have any of the aforementioned skin issues? Call 808-949-7568 today to set up an appointment with the Matsuda Dermatology team.