Remember that Greek myth of Sisyphus? Sisyphus was the king of Ephyra and he repeatedly tricked Hades, who had come to take Sisyphus at the end of his life to the kingdom of the dead. His punishment? Roll a boulder uphill all day, and then watch it roll down at day’s end, only to do it all over again the next day, for eternity.
Sounds kind of like dealing with your unwanted hair, doesn’t it? You pluck, wax, shave, and apply harsh creams and chemicals to get rid of unwanted hair, only to have it grow right back in a couple weeks. Sounds downright Sisyphusian!
At Matsuda, we say put an end to the endless cycle and get rid of unwanted hair permanently with our Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy.
How does laser hair removal work?
Our IPL hair removal treatments make use of highly concentrated light beams that are directed into the skin’s hair follicles. The pigment in the follicles absorbs the light energy and this damages the follicle, destroying its ability to grow hair. Usually a number of sessions are needed to remove the majority of hair in a treatment area because the individual hairs can be in different periods of the hair growth cycle and can be more or less affected by the IPL.
What are the advantages of IPL hair removal?
IPL at Matsuda can remove unwanted hair on the face, arms, legs, underarms, pubic area, and other areas of the body. Our method has many advantages over other methods:
- Precision — Only the dark, coarse hairs are targeted, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed.
- Predictability — It typically takes four to six sessions for permanent hair reduction.
- Speed — Every pulse of light takes less than one second and treats many hairs at the same time. Each pulse can treat an area roughly the size of a quarter.
How to get ready for IPL hair removal at Matsuda
Before your IPL treatment, you need to:
- Stop plucking or waxing for at least six weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds two weeks prior to your procedure.
- Before your procedure, don’t apply deodorants, perfumes, or other substances that may cause irritation.
- Don’t take aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs prior to your IPL treatment, as they can make your skin bruise.
So, ditch the razors, wax, and harsh creams and have IPL hair removal at Matsuda. Call us at 808-949-7568 to make your appointment.